Hebrews 12:1-3

Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

You are Mine

Isaiah 43:1 "Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; you are Mine" there is a lot of unknowns and I've started to think what are the next few weeks, months going to look like, but than God reminds me Sandra be still (which isn't to hard, but hard for my brain) praying for patience! I want to get to rehab and start working to see what can be accomplished. The amazing thing is that God already knows and I just need to be still in the moment and trust. I am His and He is Mine...... Its in His time not mine. Everyday I get stronger and I am able to do more which I am grateful for. The doctors, nurses and physiotherapists are amazed at how well I am doing and encourage me to keep it up. Have to say I might be a little stubborn or driven, not sure but if they tell me half an hour oh I'm doing an hour what ever it takes. Please continue to pray for Julia and Emily. They are doing better everyday but there are going to be some tuff days ahead. I have a goal to have my neck brace off by Julia's grad and I would love to be able to do a few mom and daughter things with her. I am truly grateful for the family and friends that have taken my girls under the wing, loved them and made there days as normal as they can be. It's a blessing that I am so thankful for. Pray for Mike aka My Rock. He is amazing and has just taken over everything. I don't have to worry about a thing. He has been s strong and supportive through all of this. Days will come that will be more difficult and I just pray that he will keep leaning on the Lord for support. Romans 5:3-4 "and not only that, but we also glory in tribulations , knowing that tribulations produces perseverance and perseverance, character and character hope." So I am perseving it's a ride I don't want to miss. I love you all ... Thank you for All that you do. It's always exciting to see how many people have checked this blog it's amazing, I think we are up to 20,000 plus. It's crazy! HUGS Sandra

8 comments:

  1. Hey Sandra and Mike... Blessings from your cousin in sunny Ca! I have been reading your blog several times a day and lifting you up before the throne of grace. It has been awesome to read of your progress Sandra, and I am so encouraged by your faith. The second verse in Isa 43... When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you . When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned: the flames will not set you ablaze. That is my prayer for you guys today. Stay strong... Love Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra your strength is such an inspiration to many. You and Mike and the girls are in my prayers during this time. Lisa Mayhew

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Our family has been on our own healing journey the last year and half. It is sometimes hard to wait for God's timing to bring the healing. I have learned that God is more intersted in the relationship we develop with Him during our struggles then the end result of Healing. The following paragraph was in a recent newsletter I receive.

    God seems more invested in what He can do in a
    person’s life through difficulties than in rescuing him from them. This includes developing and strengthening his inner character and bringing him to a greater
    understanding of Himself and the resources He provides for obtaining victory. (See Ps. 119:67, 71; Rom. 5:3-5; 2Cor. 4:8-10; James 1:2-4)

    Praying for you and your family as you are on this journey to healing.

    Larry, Lisa, Isaac, Hannah, Sarah, Josiah and Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Sandra. Thanks for the encouraging blog post this morning. I was thinking of you on my drive to work this morning, praying for healing of your body and for a peace that passess all understanding, for strength for Mike and for peace and comfort for Emily and Julia.
    You are on my mind constantly and I am praying for you and for your immediate and extended family every day.
    You were a rock for me in some of the darkest days of my life - through the weeks I spent lying in the high risk unit waiting to see if we would have our first child two months early and if he would indeed thrive, even though the Dr.'s told us to expect the worst, and the weeks Jordan spent in intensive care, and when our house was broken into and badly damaged - you were a there for me and so supportive and provided comfort and kindness and help. I hope that I conveyed then how much your friendship and kindness and love for me meant - it meant the world to me.

    Your spirit and your faith are unbreakable. God has you safely in the palm of his hand. Rest in that and know that he is God.
    Thank you for living your faith through this - I am praying earnestly that you will continue to be strong and that Mike, Julia and Emily will have peace and comfort and the strength to continue to uphold you through this time.
    Love
    Keri (Clark) Fraser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie (Davis) BlackburnMay 23, 2012 at 12:38 PM

    Thank the Lord! Stubbornness and determination…that is what you must have, and will continue to need in the weeks ahead, Sandra. The Lord blessed you with those characteristics for a reason. He never gives us a cross too heavy to bear; that is why you were His chosen one in this learning curve of life…whatever it’s meant to be. He knew you were His best steward, servant and teacher for the rest of us at this particular time. You have proven that already, Sandra; over and over. It is very apparent in reading this blog that you are ‘the rock’ of strength for many, whose only intent was to be there to lift you up. I continue to pray for strength, hope and peace for you and your family during this journey you are on. We must never ask ‘Why?’, for there is always the perfect (sometime unknown) answer; His answer. You are such an inspiration. May the Lord pour His blessings upon you beautiful Sandra, and continue to fill you with His knowledge, wisdom and understanding. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra
    Being a stubborn one myself I know how much strength it can give. However I have also learned that the Power of God is the true power. If anyone knows the miricales that God can do it is me Sandra So I like others are praying and beleiving for God's will to be done. His will is always perfect, His timming impecable and His Love and Grace overcome anything.
    Lorena and I contiune to pray for you and Mike and the girls.
    In Christ
    Norman S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra (and Mike and Carla),

    I've been checking your updates often, always looking for more news about how well you are doing. On the outset, Mike's prayer was that you would amaze the Doctors, and you are. Praise God!!! I'm so inspired and encouraged (which feels backwards, given your position at the moment) by what I read in these posts and by the faith that you have. It seems obvious to me that you guys are fixed on God through His Word and in Prayer. Thank you for being willing to include us in your journey. Kelly and I are praying for you guys. May God continue to hold you strong and to blow you and the Doctors away by His hand in your lives. Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra and family,

    I am always soooooooo thankful for your faith, for your trust in God in your storm and for how you are leaning on Him! I love how you are living "Be Still"! I will continue to pray as you continue to work so hard!

    Love

    Darlene Fast

    ReplyDelete