Hebrews 12:1-3

Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

2 weeks in

In some ways I can't believe we are 2 weeks in and in other ways I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks. Sandra is getting stronger, more comfortable every day. She takes some pain medication but a fairly small amount. The kids were on a youth retreat with the church so it was nice not to have to make plans for them but we are eagerly waiting their return tonight. We continue to pray for healing and Sandra to make a full recovery but are content with what God gives us and are happy for what we still have. Mike

2 comments:

  1. Mike and Sandra, Wafa shared with us about your accident and we have been praying every since. I am so thankful for your blog as it allows me to follow your progress and then share with Jeff, he would not begin to understand the word blog!!! I am encouraged greatly by your spirit and so very thankful to the Lord for His continuning care, grace, mercy and evident provision. Faithfully praying, Karen Smith (for Jeff and Madison as well)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    I was thinking of you and praying for you during my early morning run today. A song came on my ipod and I was praying for you as I sang along and prayed for you. It was the Twila Paris song (yes I still listen to Twila :) ) - The joy of the Lord is my strength. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLOSZ7NwMlY here is the link to the youtube video.
    I have always seen the Joy of the Lord through you Sandra. Your smile, laugh and spirit have always been an example to me of Jesus on this earth. There aren't too many people that I can say that about... You are so special and such an amazing person. I admire you so much.
    I pray that the Joy of the Lord will continue to be your strength.
    I know you must have moments and hours (and I'm sure there are days to come as well) that you will be frustrated and feel down and grieve what the accident has taken away. I pray that in those moments you will cling to the Joy of the Lord and his strength, and a peace that others will not understand be upon you.
    I have tried to imagine what it must feel like to be where you are - and knowing your personality and the pace at which you like to move (not unlike me) is fast. There must be lots of moments where you just want to jump out of that bed and run. I will continue to pray for you everyday that those moments will come and go quickly and that your Joy will continue to come from God and that he will fill your heart anew with strength to push forward.
    Over the years God has chosen to take Home some of the really amazing Christians - those that I believe he just couldn't wait to have in Heaven. From Keith Green, to some of our dearest missionary friends, and even some of our own family memebers. I for one am very glad that 2 weeks ago he saw fit to ensure you stayed on earth - I know he probably can't wait to have your bubbly spirit and laugh in heaven! (in fact if I could reserve a castle next to yours and Mikes I would). I am so thankful that your light and life will shine on Julia and Emily and on their future spouses and their children and so on. I am so thankful that you are still you.
    Please continue to provide specific prayer requests - I believe that God has his hand on you Sandra and with thousands of Christians praying for you around the world - the power of prayer and the healing power of God will have a huge impact on your journey.
    With love and prayer
    Keri (Clark) Fraser

    ReplyDelete