Hebrews 12:1-3

Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tuff morning but good afternoon

Well we had a tuff morning. I think the hardest part is the unknown for all 4 of us. Sandra and I are planners and like to know the road ahead. We have our 5 year plans etc.... all laid out but we have been thrown a curve. The night of the accident I prayed to the Lord that this won't be life changing, well even if Sandra walks tomorrow it is still certainly life changing for our families and those who have been touched by our lives and this blog. My Aunt shared a song, an oldie but a goodie. Because he lives I can face tomorrow,because he lives all fear is gone, because I know he holds the future and life is worth a living just because he lives. Mike

5 comments:

  1. It's okay to have tough mornings, Mike and Sandra, and I'm glad you had a good afternoon. All of us need to remember that God holds our future, and although we don't know the plan for tomorrow or 5 years down the road - He does! He is the master planner, and He is perfect. Nothing he does or allows is a surprise to Him, only to us. I pray that in the weeks to come that you continue to find comfort in our awesome and mighty God who knows all your days, and loves you like no other.

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished reading the blog and must say that you are a very courageous couple and fear of the unknown is so normal considering all that you have gone through. Just know that God knows the plans He has for you and He has already seen you through so much.
    Sandra it was great to see the wonderful smile that is so charactistic of you. Know that our prayers as a family are with all of you.

    Charley, Helen and Leanne DeSchiffart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, Mike, Julia and Emily -- Like so many other families, we are holding you up in our prayers. Prayers for healing and courage for Sandra, prayers for support and strength for Mike, Julia and Emily. Thanks for sharing your Christian faith throughout this unexpected and "unplanned" journey; it is a great testimony to the strength that is found in Christ. Sandra: please continue to be energetically stubborn!!
    Eric, Brenda, Carraugh, Gillian, Nic and Evan Brouwer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, Mike, Julia and Emily

    You're thought of and prayed for often in our house. You mentioned the song Because He Lives in this blog and I thought I'd send along another song that really helped us through a difficult time last year. One of my favourite lines from the song is in the first verse -- "My darkest valley, my greatest mountain
    They are Your prairie for You are constant Your ways are higher than any other
    So I will sing." Still brings tears to my eyes and an incredible sense of peace. He is constant, even in the midst of our valley's and darkness.
    Sandra, you always were the encourager on the court...although it often took the form of crazy screaming drill sergeant. :P My prayer is that you would be able to feel us cheering you on to your goal, much in the same way.

    Here's a link for the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ltTHNmsEU


    Lindsay and Steve Oosterhof

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sandra and Mike

    Yes this old song is a favourite one of mine as well

    Because He lives I can face tomorrow,(this gives me the hope I need each day)
    because He lives all fear is gone, (the fear still creeps from time to time so this is an area that He is still working on in my life)
    because I know He holds the future (I know He holds the future but I would still like to know what it is ahead of time - I too am a planner)
    and life is worth a living just because He lives (because He lives I have joy for each day)
    In the midst my life's curves I try to remember and hold on to the fact that He is using these things to transform, refine and renew me.

    Praying for you

    ReplyDelete