Hebrews 12:1-3

Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rehab here I come!

Good News ... I am heading to rehab tomorrow. There is so many unknowns at this point and Im exciteded but anxious at the same time. Please be praying that my actual trip there will go well, for my room (would love a private room but will take what I can get) and for the people that will be working with me. I'm expecting that it will be a lot of hard work but I'm up for the challenge. God is good and I know He is going before me and preparing the way. Thanks to all of you for praying and for your continued prayers. I love you all. Hugs Sandra

15 comments:

  1. Amazing. You have touched so many while at the hospital.....I know they will miss you. New beginnings are always challenging but I know you are up for it. Let me know where to bring lunch! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! We continue to hold you up in prayer, Sandra.
    Love,
    The Dykstra clan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, You should know that the parent prayer group at Redeemer High School just prayed for you on Tuesday morning. We prayed for you to get in to rehab by Friday. God is good!

    ~Joycegina

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is good all the TIME, Sandra. Praying for u and I love u, Fabs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra,

    It's been many years since we last saw each other; in fact you and Mike were still dating, lol. I was shocked and saddened to hear about your accident and just reached out to Mike today to let him know of my thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Not to mention I just bought a bike again and my mother wasn't too happy given she was the one who shared the news with me.

    Your outlook and faith is remarkable and a witness for others. I've been reading your blogs and it's been moving to see the love and support in every aspect of your lives. I pray God grants you strength, healing, patience, wisdom, energy, and continued love and support.

    It would be nice to see you and Mike again, hopefully in the not too distant future. Keep your chin up and your eyes on the Lord.

    Sincerely,
    John Dekker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! So happy to hear this and praying for all of you as you head into this next part of the journey.
    Rachel and Andrew de Haan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra,
    PTL! Agreeing with you on all your prayer items and more. I trust you are up for the challenge because you're on the right team. While you're doing your part at rehab, God will continue to do His!
    Love you lots,
    Toju

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia told me the good news at school today. That's awesome so excited for you. You have our continual prayers for strength and endurance and healing.

    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful smile. We're thinking of you and this new journey you are on...and praying for the lives you'll touch along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandra, you are an inspiration. We'll keep praying. This morning, Emily gave me a big hug from you! So I hope you got your hug back from me. Lots of love, from Cathy & Leo

    ReplyDelete
  11. We continue to lift you up in prayer and are glad for your news. Praying you get to be His light no matter where you are and for those you meet. Sending big hugs, Rhonda and Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay Rehab! Scary, but the next step. You amaze me. Your courage and positive attitude really speak volumes to who God made you to be. So, our next visit will be at the rehab center. We continue to pray for full healing and for provision and strength for your family as well. Be sure to post visiting hours. Lots of love--Mary Ann and Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news, we are continuing to pray for you and the family and thank you for these updates we check them often.
    Brian and Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woo hoo! Rehab, here she comes...you oughta come with a warning, girl! Praying for continued progress and for the Lord to reveal His will in all this. Your joy and the level of trust you have all shown in the face of this is something past inspiring. Blessings on you all!

    Tammy Scrivener

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're so thankful you are starting the next part of your journey! We're also thankful for your incredible drive. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Much love! Julie and Rod

    ReplyDelete