Hebrews 12:1-3

Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Beautiful Moments...Beautiful Mercy...Beautiful Buddy

It was already humid early this morning as I made my way to the hospital.  As I walked in the quiet morning, I prayed.  Prayed for my sweet sister...mostly for healing but also that her day would be good, and that our time together would be sweet.  It was so sweet.  I had the privilege of sharing the morning with my baby sister.  Just her and I and sweet visits from Jesus.  He takes so many forms.  A lovely Christian nurse who came to thank Sandra for her strong witness in the trauma unit. "the sun is pouring into your room here," she said, "but that is not the only light in this room".  She shared a verse with Sandra from Job 8:21 "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy."  Sandra immediately got out her Bible to see what else that chapter had to say.  She looks for God in every moment of her day and He most definitely has filled her with laughter.  As we share our usual sisterly banter she reaches for her neck brace and hangs on while her body shakes with laughter and I try my best not to let the tears form.  Tears of joy that I may share this very moment with my precious sister.  Later Jesus shows himself in a dear sister in the Lord who sits beside Sandra at lunch, holds her hand and excitedly shares with her what God has been teaching her through Sandra's journey.  Many more sweet moments come an go through the day, but I am struck by the sense that God is in it all and as promised He has not forsaken any of us. 
We are overwhelmed as a family at the way we can sense the many prayers on all of our behalves.  A colleague who has become a friend to both my sister and I, shares his specific prayer items for Sandra, myself and our entire family...he has everyone he knows praying and knows that they will not stop for a long time.  Close friends of mine and Terry provide a meal and a beautiful retreat for the evening and we are loved an refreshed.
Come back to Friday for just a moment with me. Sandra's and my children, who attend the same school had their track and field day.  Near the end of the day the grade one's had there 400 meter run.  I was moved to tears as the last little fellow struggled to complete his race, his teacher Rachel deHann runs beside him on the inside of the track, cheering and encouraging, him with every little step he takes.  I felt it was a beautiful reminder of how God is running this race with us.  Even though some of this journey can be painful, He continues to run along side of us reminding us that we are not alone, that He believes in us, and that He will provide the strength we need to complete it.  Not only that, we are surrounded by an amazing cheering section of people who are praying for and supporting our family.
I know that my sister's goal is to honour and praise God with each moment of her life and to live out Philippians 3:12-14  She is well on her way.
I am personally so thankful for the mercies we see each day.  That I can have a day with my "Buddy" and still giggle with her at things only she and I understand because her memories are in tact is no small mercy....neither is being able to feel her arms around me.  Praise God that His mercies are new every morning!!!
Part of our day included a bit of a spa treatment...after her hair was done we took this picture of my gorgeous sister. ~cb
Hello All!!  Thanks for praying for me!!

9 comments:

  1. WOW! I praise God for the faith of Sandra, Mike, and Carla ... and I'm sure many more in the family! I thank God that you can praise Him in the storm! Keep shining for Jesus! Oh, and Sandra, you look MARVELOUS!!!!! I will continue to pray. Love Darlene Fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see your smiling face, Sandra! Can't wait to see you in person. Praying continually for you and your family.
    Love, Trisha, Dave, Matthew and Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sandra you are so very beautiful and God's light just shines through you in such big waysssssssssss. Clara wowwwwwwwwwwww, thank you for sharing your love for your sister and sharing your time and what an amazing day you all had. Thank you for showing us how truly mightly our God is. His love and merices is ohhhhhhhhhh so wonderful and your lives and testimony are proof positive of His greatest. God Bless you All.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so beautiful Sandra and thanks for the post Carla. I am praying.- Katie Harwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUSNESS!!!!!!!! :)
    ...and look at those pearly whites!
    -Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that smile Sandra! It can light up a room.
    Love and prayers
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking beautiful as always. Must be a family trait! Keeping you and your whole family in our prayers.
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you are looking just as gorgeous as ever, Sandra! I'm praying for all of you as often as you come to mind (which is often). You're all are SUCH a blessing for your testimony in all this. God will continue to give you strength and peace. - With blessings, Tammy Scrivener

    ReplyDelete
  9. How does she look so good even in a hospital gown?? You are so pretty Sandra. We are praying hard for you. You are at the top of my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete