Hebrews 12:1-3

Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Getting Around

With every day I get stronger and learn how to maximize my energy to accomplish more. I didn't realize how driven I could be until I notice I was timing self on everything I'm doing. So 2 hours to get my self ready in the morning with the help of nurses has now been reduced to 40 minutes with limited help. It's official I can dress myself from top to bottom, including my shoes which believe it or not is a huge feat. Yesterday I was learning how to do pop a wheelies, which will help be get over cracks and curbs. Transferring to the car has given me more opportunity to be able to come home. As I write this I'm sitting in my back yard enjoying the beautiful sounds and smells of summer. I don't think it gets much better than this. I'm not able to stay over night yet but it's just around the corning. I can't tell you how much it encourages me to be with family and friends. Please continue to pray that my shoulder will heal, that I would be able to stay in the current room that I'm in, pray for wisdom and direction as we have many disicions to make regarding rehab options and ultimately complete healing. Every morning I look at my big toes and try to move them one day I believe they will. God is able! HUGS Sandra

11 comments:

  1. So happy you are in your OWN backyard this beautiful day enjoying all the beauty around you.
    And yes, God is able to accomplish more than we could ask or imagine according to His power working in us.

    Praying for continues strength, encouragement & healing in Jesus name.

    xo ~ Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so amazed by your determination and progress. To go from two hours to forty minutes is awesome. God is surely looking out for you and your family. Everyday I can hardly wait to read your next adventure.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME that you have cut the time so fast getting dress, YOU GO GIRL!!! I am still praying, Love to you, Mike, Julia & Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you are making some huge progress! I love that you look at your big toes in the expectation that one day, God will give you the ability to move them again. Praying along with you.
    Jennifer Spears

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to try to post again ~ I think after the 8th or 9th time over these past few weeks I admit I gave up posting comments as each one I wrote just seemed to disappear in cyber-space ... but here it goes ... it will be so worth it if you do get this one!

    Girl .. I totally get you with the socks and shoes ~ I am still working on this myself ~ glad it is CROC weather again so I have a break for a few months :)

    You are a tad competitive .. but I LOVE it! I know there have been tough days ~ but you did all that was required for that moment that you were living in and I am so proud of you! That is how we get thru trials .. moment by moment! I am anxious to come for a visit ~ but I also understand the demands of rehab so will wait to hear when it is the right time to come. We pray for you continually my friend .. for when we are weak then He is strong .. and we do not lose heart in the process. So many times over my recent 'winter season' you have been my encourager .. I am truly thankful for you!

    Love you!
    Sandra Loewen
    sloewen@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the sunshine, the flowers, the birds and the family! Hugs to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your goodness is so great! You have stored up great blessings for those who honour you. You have done so much for those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world.
    Psalm 31:19

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandra! You go, Girl!! I'm with you on the big toes too.... Go, God!

    -Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 cheers! Such a beautiful weekend,we were up at LacPhillippe, walking through the cave, and I remembered you saying, "You call this not too cold? What do you call hot?" The caves were exactly like they were 4 years ago, when we took Julia's class. I also thought of you when I wiped out with my new bike! I lost a little skin, got some bruises--but an accident happens just like that.
    Sandra, you are making such amazing progress. So glad to hear you're able to be home, there's nothing better. We're praying. Cathy & Leo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So encouraged to hear about the new progress made each day - almost like baby steps. We continue to hold you in prayer for healing but are also thankful for your testimony to those who are put in your path - who knows what seeds you get to plant for His Kingdom. Praying for Mike and the girls as they pull together and wait for the day when you will be home permanently again - it will come. Thinking and prayering for you often. Rhonda & Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandra,
    You will use that feet again..... Just believe and TRUST GOD. ....praying for u everyday.
    I love u,
    Fabs

    ReplyDelete