Hebrews 12:1-3

Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

Monday, October 1, 2012

What in the world is Sandra "up" to?



Two weeks ago Mike and I got home to see my Nana who is visiting here from Newfoundland. She is now in Toronto for the week but we get to pick her up on Wednesday and bring her back home with us. It's been nice to be with her, I love her to pieces. We are on the road again, rain and all. Looking forward to a amazing week. We are really hoping and praying that God will give me some voluntary muscle movement. I
Oh what a feeling!
cant believe its October tomorrow, we are already half
way through our time commitment in Detroit. They have been working me hard, I know they still have a lot up there sleeves and look forward to seeing what they can through at me. Friday I had physio again in Ottawa, Jacquie (therapist) supported me but had me standing beside my bed. What a crazy feeling to be able to stand but not feel it but oh what a feeling.
 
Some of you must be wondering what I really do with my time in physio and as much as I try to explain I'm sure its hard to picture so I've attached a few videos for your pleasure. Some feel it's hard to watch me struggle, especially at tasks that come so easy to you all. It's not pretty but it will give you a good idea. You can now understand why this is exciting for me as I am working muscles below my injury level. It's amazing.
Daily Prayer ... Complete healing, that my shoulder will hold up to the work out, voluntary muscle movement over all strength. Safety on the road to and from Detroit (we're in traffic now) be with the girls as they head into another week of school that all will go well.

We love you all. Hugs Sandra


 
 

 

 

14 comments:


  1. All I can say is.....WOW. Thank you, Sandra, for allowing us a peek into your Detroit physio and rehab. I'm sure you're tired of inspiring the rest of us, but we are continuing to pray daily, trusting that the Lord's timing is best.

    ~SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for sharing Sandra! I feel like I'm seeing the little rain cloud....remember that part of the book?

    "Elijah went to the top of Carmel and bowed down on the ground to pray. He said to his servant, “Please go back to Mount Carmel, and look toward the sea.”

    He went up, looked, came back, and said, “There’s nothing.”

    Seven times Elijah told him, “Go back.”

    After the seventh time the servant said, “A little cloud like a man’s hand is coming from the sea.”

    Have a GREAT week together and may God bless every effort to His glory!

    Love you lots, T&G

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing, Sandra! Praying for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did they make you taller in Detroit?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for giving us a glimpse into your therapy sessions. It was indeed eye-opening! Praying for your continued strength, Mike "your rock" and for the girls to feel supported and encouraged. Keep it up my sister and we will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Sandra!! Thanks for sharing. That middle exercise is similar to one I do at the gym with a wheel that rolls out - it's brutal. And man, you've got me beat by a mile. You're amazing. We keep praying.
    Wendy H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sandra and Mike. Thankful for technology.Praying for you and missing you. Love Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really are an inspiration :) Love Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Sandra for sending these amazing video clips! You are really doing so well, just think how far you have come! I can only imagine the strength and endurance that it takes to go through all of these exercises,and no wonder it takes such a toll on your shoulder.

    Dear one, Duncan & I continue to pray for you, Mike and your beautiful daughters.
    We pray for God's unfailing strength as you continue your rigorous exercise regime.
    Duncan & Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you continue to rock it Sandra! When you get back on the court with the Dakotas, something tells me that you won't be a setter anymore! You're gonna be the one with the killer smashes?! Miss you guys lots, wish we still got to see you on the weekends. We'll have to stop by sometime, if that's okay!

    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You continue to rock it Sandra! Just amazing! Something tells me that when you get back on the court with the Dakotas, you might not be setting anymore...you'll be the one with the killer smashes?! I see "facials" in your future with those amazing shoulders!

    We so miss seeing you guys on the weekends...we're gonna have to stop by sometime, if that's okay!

    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW...what an amazing workout! If we all persevered spiritually as you persevere physically, we'd bring great joy to our Lord...May He crown your efforts with His healing power! With much love and continued prayers, Irene and Charles


    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the pictures and video. You are doing what you set out to do! It's thrilling to see, and keeps us praying for you. God's given you such determination, courage, persistence, and love! So we'll send more love your way. Cathy and Leo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been on my heart and so I peeked once again at how you are doing :). I thank God for your courage and for your joy in spite of trials. You are shining! May God continue to be your everything as you journey on this path. My prayers are with all of you as you continue to press forward.

    Love

    Darlene Fast

    ReplyDelete