Hebrews 12:1-3

Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Good results!

Finished up my therapy today, got on the road and we are hightailing it home making great time. Today I had my assessment to evaluate my progress this month. Diane my PT used a machine that measures the amount of force I'm able to handle through my core. It applies pressure to the front, back and each side individually and gives you a numerical measurement. The average healthy person would be able to do 30 without any assistance, originally my average was 13 with assistance holding my legs for balance. Today I was able to do 30 with assistance and 15 without assistance. Which means I'm able to to do half of what a average healthy person can do.  She was able to confirm that I have some muscle contraction in my hips. They measure this from 0-5. 
Zero being no movement at all and a five being able to contract move and resist weight. My hips are at a one, I'm not able to move my leg but I'm able to contract and hopefully strengthen it to eventually be able to move my leg when I do contract it. This was all good news we are seeing great gains and are looking forward to the day that I have voluntary muscle movement. Mike and I have decided to commit to two more months at Detroit and reevaluate at the end of that time. I will still do Physiotherapy in Ottawa as well on Friday's. This is a big commitment for our family but feel this is the best opportunity for my improvement. The girls will be staying at home with our parents taking turns week to week being with them. We have had to make a lot of hard decisions but we are thankful for God's presence and guidance in them all. He has given us so many promises that we cling to daily, My grace is sufficient, He will never leave me nor forsake me, He will give you the desires of your heart. I'm thankful He is a forgiving God that is full of grace and mercy. Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusted in Him and I am helped. Therefore my heart greatly rejoices and with my song I will praise Him. Thank you all for your continued support, love, encouragement and most of all your prayers. Daily prayer... Continue to pray for voluntary muscle movement, complete healing, safety back and forth to Detroit, Mike's strength and ability to be able to complete the work he needs to do to keep things going, pray for the girls as this is still a lot of change for them, that they would be able to focus on school and have a great year. Hugs Sandra







12 comments:

  1. Praying still daily for you! May God continue to give you JOY through this journey! He who begun a good work in you will completer until the day of Christ Jesus... Big hugs from the Dinakarans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra!!! Thinking of you and praying daily for complete healing for you!! My husband and I are travelling this weekend to Wisconsin to watch his cousin (who plays for the Utah State Aggies) play football. We have to drive through Detroit and I was going to stop in for a surprise "hello!" but I guess you won't be there :( Just know that you're always in my thoughts and I'm praying for you both. Email if you have a chance... claire9022@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting. We are very happy to hear the good results and continue to pray for you guys.

    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news Sandra! So happy to hear that measurable gains are happening. And your hard work is paying off!

    My heart is with you - and my prayers are for your complete healing. I had another dream that you were up walking - you are on my mind each day, and even in my thoughts as I sleep. My heart aches for you. And so - I will continue to pray - for voluntary movement, for the girls, for Mike, for great friends to surround the girls at school and uphold them, and for your parents as they step in and provide subsitute parenting (as only grandparents can) during this time.
    Lots of love,
    Keri, Jordan and Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear of your progress. We continue to pray for all you need (the rest of the family too). Just for the record, I think of you as a healthy person, just with a few parts that aren't working just now. The spirit is alive and well in you and that is the most important. Hugs back to you. Rhonda:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mike and Sandra:) So thankful that the Lord hears everyone's prayers and that sensation is coming and strength is being built! We will continue to pray for safe travels and that all will be well with your girls at home while you are gone. May the Lord bless you both with the desires of your heart as you travel down the road that He has set you on and continually, trust in Him. You are marvelous witnesses of His goodness and it is SUCH a push(for lack of better word) to me, to read your blog and hear how you rely on Him. That we all would do so!
    God bless
    Kathryn Luimes

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear how great the results were! Continuing to pray for all of you and for healing as only God can do! Andrew and Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! May you all have the strength to continue on this path. Sounds like He is working through it. How exciting! Will continue in prayer.
    We Remain Firmly in His Grip,
    Zeta and Clyde

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just caught up with all your news. You are truly an inspiration with your positive and trusting attitude...We are privileged to pray for you daily, taking note of the various requests you mention. We return your hugs and keep you close in our hearts, Irene and Charles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God for what he has done. Thank you for reminding us what he can do, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,.."Ephesians 3:20
    Lynda and I were reminiscing the other day over dinner. I don't think we can remember anyone that attempted to be tougher on us than you. Use that, LOL!
    Hugs,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Continuing to pray for both of you. Great that you could connect with Kenton and Laura. They said you guys were amazing.
    Praying for continued progress. Love Eldean and Len

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are an inspiration and a blessing to those who are following your journey of faith - Praise God! "For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him, since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had... " Phil 1:29

    ReplyDelete