Hebrews 12:1-3

Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Home Sweet Home!

We are on the road again. It's been three and half weeks since we've been home and can't wait. I've had a pretty good week working hard on my core. The stronger I can make my core the stronger and more stable I will be. The stronger I can make my core the higher the potential for me to have overflow to my hips, glutes, and eventually my thighs. Today, I was doing an exercise the trainer could feel a small contraction of my glutes, lower ab and groin area. This is very exciting, in my first week they told me that they can't make a muscle contract but if it does they can make it stronger. This is a positive gain.  As the weeks go by I have more confidence in my abilities, I'm able to do more on my own. We are looking forward to having a week at home and getting the girls comfortable before school starts. While at home I will be doing some physio as well. I've been in contact with a therapist and she has been speaking and working with my therapist in Detroit, it will be interesting to see what she can do. Daily prayer .... Voluntary muscle movement, complete healing, strength (my shoulder held up really well this week, thanks for praying) pray that we will be able to establish a good family routine and that the girls will start well at school, Julia starts grade 9 and Emily is starting grade 7, we've had a few delays with our home so please be in prayer that it will be completed quickly and for Mike, he has a lot on his plate that God would give him the physical and mental strength to continue. Thank you for loving us and for continuing to keep us in your prayer. Hugs Sandra  

5 comments:

  1. Wow..small contractions = big hopes! We'll just continue to pray, especially that this coming week will hold many special times for you all before you're gone again and that your body will continue its healing.

    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. What good news! Be assured that Duncan & I are very much in prayer for you and all the family. You are never forgotten! I know that it must be difficult to continue to write these updates given your busy schedule and level of fatigue, but it really is a wonderful way to keep us informed and to see how the Lord is working in all of your lives. We look forward to each entry. May our wonderful Lord richly bless every single one of you as you work together during this taxing time. Love, Brenda and Duncan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates Sandra!
    We're continuing to uphold you all in prayer and are confident in God's goodness - and so, we will remain full of hope and steadfast in prayer.

    We will also remember to pray for the new fall routine to settle in quickly and effortlessly for everyone at your house.
    Hugs,
    Isabelle C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra,

    I am so happy to hear of this small contraction. I am believing that this is the start of many contractions. I am looking forward to checking this blog one day to see that you have made your first step! You are well covered in prayer, even by people that don't even know you! Blessings as you enjoy your girls this week and get everyone settled into a good family routine.
    Hugs,
    Sheri Moffatt

    ReplyDelete
  5. My computer was not working, so I couldn't comment on this welcome news of progress, however small it may seem. May it be the beginning of a gradual and steady improvement in muscle activity. It was good to see you on Sunday at the MET - you looked beautiful and radiant. Hugging you from a distance, Irene

    ReplyDelete