It never ceases to amaze me, the family of God! What an amazing experience, privilege, gift, blessing, humbling and inspirational it was for me to be sitting in a room today listening to 70+ people who love me, praying for me and my family. Knowing at that moment many of you were praying at the same time right where you were. Thank you for your encouragement and prayer. I know that as all of us have gone through or are going through trials in our lives we can’t do it alone. God is so faithful; He never leaves us nor forsakes us. He gives us the gift of brothers and sisters in Christ who come and support and bring us before His throne of grace. I thank God daily for you all and for the love and your many prayers of petition for me. “Everything is possible for him who believes” Mark 9:23
In many ways I am thankful for this trial. God is always seeking to bring us closer to Him. Unfortunately or fortunately this may require learning through trial. I have never needed Him more. Therefor I am thankful for this trail and His grace on my life and the many ways He has protected and provided for me.
I came up with a few specific prayer requests for today and I thought I would share them with you so that you could continue this week to uplift me in prayer before our Heavenly Father as I head into surgery on Wednesday. I’m still not sure of the time but I will keep you all posted.
· Protection while in surgery.
· That Dr. Chow will be able to remove the rods and my spine will be stable enough that he won’t have to place any back in.
· That I won’t lose any mobility that I currently have. In fact that I will be able to gain and have complete healing.
· That he would be able to decompress the spinal cord.
· That my pain would be minimize.
· That I will recover well and quickly from the surgery.
· Prayer for Mike and the Girls that they will not worry. That they would have the energy and strength to deal with whatever may come. That they will continually feel the presence of God.
It means so much that people that love me will lift me and my family before God. What a blessing we have to be a part of the family of God.
My Auntie Greta put it this way “We see this as a renewed opportunity to continue our prayers for Sandra to get up out of that chair…and WALK!” I’m with her. Big HUG Sandra